Micro-Needling with PRP®
Unlike most procedures, Micro-Needling with PRP offers a way of both restoring shape, and improving tone and texture, as well as literally rejuvenating new and younger tissue!
The PRP-facelift is a non-surgical facelift for rejuvenating the skin. With this treatment you receive injections of your own blood. The PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) therapy improves the quality of your skin!
Do you show these 3 signs of aging?
1. Skin color becomes more gray because of less blood flow.
2. Facial shape becomes collapsed and droopy as muscle and collagen decrease.
3. Skin texture becomes less smooth. As a result, the person looks “worn”, or “tired” or “droopy.” The lively, rosy hue (seen plainly in playing children of every skin color and in young adults) fades to a dull gray.
What can be done with PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) using the techniques of Micro-Needling?
- Stretch Mark Removal
- Decrease the glabellar lines (the number 11 sign between the brow)
- Decreased the Forehead lines
- Augment the cheeks and reshape the face.
- Decrease periorbital lines (crow’s feet)
- Decrease Nasolabial folds
- Decrease smile lines
- Fill in acne scars
- Smooth the vermillion border (the edge of the mouth)
- Decrease the marionette lines (the ones from the corners of the mouth to the chin)
- Augment the chin
- And much more
How is Micro-Needling with PRP completed?
Micro-Needling with PRP treatments use the growth factors already present in the blood, called platelet-rich plasma (PRP), to stimulate collagen growth and replace volume. It can be used in conjunction with dermal fillers to enhance the results of the procedure.
1. First, the injector uses HA fillers to create a beautiful shape.
2. Then, the physician isolates growth factors from the patient’s blood.
3. When these growth factors enter the face (injected by the physician), then muti-potent stem cells become activated to grow new tissue. This new tissue includes new collagen, new fatty tissue (for smoothness), and new blood vessels (for a healthy glow).
What are the results of Micro-Needling with PRP?*
The result…younger-appearing skin!
The effects of the procedure improve for 2 to 3 months and last for at least 1 to 2 years!
PRP Stretch Marks
PRP in aesthetic medicine has produced tremendous results for patients looking to achieve a smooth and stretch mark reduced appearance. The platelets induce massive fibroblasts which are cells found in skin that act as soldiers in the battle against damaged skin tissue. Platelets release growth factors that work to eliminate necrotic tissue and boost cell regeneration. Growth factors (bioactive proteins) attract macrophages which are large white blood cells that eat up cellular debris and produce stem cells for tissue repair and ultimately stretch mark repair. Patients looking to improve stretch marks benefit from the tissue renegeration that PRP offers.
How do stretch marks form? The stretching that the skin is subjected to comes from within and essentially affects the dermis (deeper layers of the skin) rather than the epidermis (upper layer of the skin). Healthy dermis consists of a lattice arrangement of collagen and elastin providing the skin with tensile strength and elasticity. Stretching results in disruption of this structure and repair and regeneration is compromised. It also results in inflammation that affects the epidermis.
Under the microscope, research into stretch marks has revealed evidence of thin and inflamed epidermis. The dermis has reduced amounts of collagen and elastin. The collagen and elastin that remains is extremely disorganised.
How many treatments are needed? Skinny Me’s medical professional can consult you on a prescribed treatment. Most patients see a noticeable difference in just one treatment however 5-6 treatments may be necessary. After 5-6 treatments striae improvement is noticeable with improved texture and appearance of mature, white striae in skin types I-IV. Four weeks between treatments is necessary to allow the bodies natural skin cycle to complete before another treatment should be performed.
*Results may vary